|The Concept of PassKeeping|
If you use any anti-keylogging software, there is always a chance that your typing will be recorded, either by a hardware keylogger or a more sophisticated software. It is a never-ending war. The solution is pretty simple: never enter your password in a compromised computer (or any computer that is not yours: the library, internet cafe, etc.).
PassKeeping offers a convenient solution to enter your password without typing it directly.
- You tell us which website you want to login to
- You identify the login form on that website
- You enter your account password; this password is then encrypted using your encryption password
- You also enter an access code and access password to access the encrypted password later
- Your access code, access password, and the encrypted password is stored on our server for later retrieval
- You open the PassKeeping website
- You enter your access code and access password
- Your encrypted password will be downloaded from the server through SSL
- You enter your encryption password to decrypt that password
- Your login form will be displayed with the password field already filled with your account password